Re: [IP] Not DKA, but.... (kinda gross, don't read if you're squeemish)

 I am by no means an expert; I can only speak from my own experience. I have
been a type 1 diabetic for 46 years and a pumper for almost 4 years.

 When I have a low, on many occasions I cannot think clearly and therefore
cannot act clearly. I tend to overcorrect with the carbs/sugar and it's not
uncommon for me to experience bgs way too high several hours later.

 A bg of 298 would not be a great concern to me and would not be cause for alarm
in my case; I would just correct with a bolus and go about my normal day,it
wouldn't slow me down the least bit.

 The other thing with the acid reflux is common when I overeat/overdrink to
correct a low. I have put too much in my tummy too quickly and some of it has to
come back up. :<(

 Of course each person is different and you should talk with your medical
provider about this event.