Re: [IP] Paradigm 512 vs Cozmo

The major (and probably most important) difference
between the two is that the Cozmo can be individualized
where the insulin duration is concerned, but the MM512
is preset to 8hrs for everyone, regardless of how long
it happens to last for each particular individual. That
is because humalog and novolog have long tails (6-8hrs)
even though  most of their effect seems to be gone
after about 3hrs (for most people.) Both pumps can be
individualized as far as ratios and targets, which is
nice, but the insulin duration will make a big
difference in suggested insulin doses (8hrs duration vs
say, 3hrs duration is a huge difference!)
Hope this helps!

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-13 (dx 11/96, pumping
HTron 11/99, pumping Cozmo 8/03) and her 7 siblings :)

 Adele said:

Yes, thanks, I'm very glad that the pump is working so
well for me too. Can
you tell me what the Cozmo does that the Bolus Wizard
doesn't? The bolus
wizard also has programmed information about me
specifically, not just a
static number. It knows what my target is, it know my
insulin sensitivity
and it know my carb to insulin ratio.
I'm curious to know.