RE: [IP] Weight watchers article on DM--Vent

 --- On Mon 10/20, Shannon MacDonald < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Shannon MacDonald [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:40:12 -0700Subject: [IP] Weight
watchers article on DM--VentHi Everyone,In the Nov/Dec 2003 issue of weight
watchers magazine there is an article onDiabetes. A quote from the article "The
good news is diabetes ispreventable--and treatable."Obviously to everyone on
this list (how many members do we have?) diabetes wasNOT preventable. Even if
they are talking about type 2 diabetes I questionthe validity of this statement.
I suppose it is meant to give people hope butI fear that it creates the illusion
that this is a disease that is "your ownfault".On the one hand it's great that
people are talking more about diabetes and I'msure that Weight Watchers magazine
was intended to be supportive but I justwish that FOR ONCE someone would get the
facts right. Everytime I see anarticle about DM I brace myself for whatever
false facts are to come.I'm probably overreacting though. I'm s!
 earching for false statements!Shannon
 Shannon, have you thought about writing a letter to the editor and give them
some facts and figures from the ADA? Cause even they say its a RISK factor not
THE cause. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com