Re: [IP] Gestational Diabetes, then Type 1 (Long)

Where have you been George...this has been discussed
here a few times before now! :)
George said to Shawna:
"When I said "not all Type 1's are auto-immune, so I
don't think that's today's definition of it," I was
referring to the small sub-classification of Type 1's
known as Type 1B. There are new labels and definitions
of Diabetes these days and Type 1 is now being broken
down into different subtypes:

Type 1A (autoimmune)

Type 1B (idiopathic - not autoimmune)

LADA (Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adulthood)"

Very good post, Shawna! Even we old-timers can learn
something new from a 'newbie'!!! ;>)