[IP] San Jose, California Pump Group Meeting

San Francisco Bay area pumpers, the October meeting of the Bay Area Pump
Group is scheduled for Tuesday, October 21 at the Diabetes Society of
Santa Clara Valley in San Jose.  The moderator for the meeting will be
Sue Ann Kelly who is a certified pump trainer, RN and CDE. We are a
diverse, friendly group ranging in age from 10 to 'over 65' and we
always have fun while at the same time learning new things about
pumping. The meeting is a great place to share ideas and experiences and
the group leaders are very helpful for answering questions and exploring
problems.  Family members, significant others and friends are also
welcome to attend.  There is no cost and you do not need to be a member
of the Diabetes Society.

We have a very interesting meeting planned this month.  Keri Weindel,
Territory Manager for Animas Corporation will be joining us to show off
the Animas pumps.  She will be accompanied by Carrie McCorkindale, her
Clinical Manager.  They will demonstrate the features and benefits of
the Animas pumps and will have literature to pass out.  You will have
the opportunity to learn about the Animas pump and ask questions about
how it compares with yours.
But that is not all that Keri and Carrie will be telling us about.  Each
of them is both an RD (Registered Dietician) and a CDE (Certified
Diabetes Educator).  They will be bringing along a presentation on
advanced carb counting which includes such things as extended bolus use,
discussion of fiber and alcohol as well as other topics.  And of course,
they will be happy to answer any questions you have.

So think about what you would like to discuss with these talented ladies
and plan to join us for the meeting this month.  Meeting details are as

   When: 7 to 8:30 PM, Tuesday October 21
   Where: Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley
                The office is located in the Willow Glen area
                just south of downtown San Jose, in the
                renovated Garden Theater building at:

                1165 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 300
                San Jose CA 95125
                Phone: (408) 287-3785

There is free parking at the rear of the building.  Enter the building
from the front or rear and take the elevator to the third floor.  Turn
left out of the elevator and the Diabetes Society is just ahead on the

If you have any questions or need to know more, please contact me.

Bob Goodman