[IP] Latest from Roche with regards to Disetronic

The following is an excerpt from their 10/16/03 Q3YTD press release.

http://www.primezone.com/pages/news_releases.mhtml?d=46582

"Diabetes Care: leadership in blood sugar monitoring expanded

 Sales by Roche Diabetes Care in the first nine months of 2003 were up 12% in
local currencies, despite the slower growth currently being seen in the diabetes
market worldwide. Once again, this successful performance was driven by the
Accu-Chek Compact, Advantage and Active product lines. The integration of
Disetronic and the development of a new generation of insulin pumps, scheduled
for launch in the second half of next year, continued according to plan. Sales
by the newly-acquired insulin pump business grew by a substantial 12% in Europe
and by 5% worldwide. Roche is working closely with the FDA to address the
agency's concerns about Disetronic's production processes and documentation and
has taken steps to resolve these issues."

Observations:

 1) Despite the FDA, Disetronic has managed to grow its pump business, however
they do not mention actual market share which could have nontheless declined.

2) Confirmation of a next-generation pump in the 2nd half of next year.

 My hope is that the new Disetronic pump will be a leap forward in technology;
borrowing from the ADICOL clinical trials and closing the loop between a glucose
sensor and an infusion system, giving us an artificial pancreas.

 Until that time, I intend to stay the course with my H-TRONPlus' & D-TRONPlus'
pumps.