Re: [IP] Re: obesity and Type 2, CDC

 --- On Mon 10/20, Wayne < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Wayne [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted: Mon,
20 Oct 2003 08:34:58 -0400Subject: Re: [IP] Re: obesity and Type 2, CDCMy
question has been and still is? If Type 2 diabetes is due to weight andexercise.
Then why are some of the biggest most sedentary people I knowliving without
diabetes, You either are pre disposed or not, In fact when Ilost 40 lbs and
worked out one hour everyday my Hb1c went from 7.2 to 11.Then I went on insulin
and gained the weigh back plus 20 extra. It can notonly be weight and diet. My 2
brothers have it an one is 150 lbs soaking wet
 Wayne, because they (the scientists studying this) are begining to discover
that there IS a genetic component to type II. If you don't have the genetic
component, then you can be overweight and not exercise and the chances are
extremely good that you won't get diabetes. There are several people on the
World list (a diabetes email list) that were slender and active at the time of
diagnosis....go figure. Mine IS genetic...I didn't stand a chance. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com