Re: [IP] Re: obesity and Type 2, CDC

>  > Absolutely true.  It also does no good to ignore important facts.  No
>>  one should feel guilty or blame themselves for having diabetes.  The
>Yes, something we should all remember.  Especially when we're in the
>doctor's office being blamed.

Kathleen, that is another place where we really need to get the truth
to the public.  And we are the first ones that need to learn that if
we hear those words, we have a "non-compliant" doctor.  From this day
forward I want everyone on this list to acknowledge that there is no,
nor has there ever been,  a "non-compliant diabetic".  THAT phrase is
only a crutch that the non-compliant doctors use for their laziness.

>  > best thing to do is get all the facts and then try to deal with it as
>>  best you can.  It's a personal choice as to whether you go the lose
>>  weight, exercise, diet change route or choose to take insulin and not
>>  change your lifestyle.  And no one has the right to judge anyone's
>>  choices.  But there are different choices that work.
>And what's even worse, is when you DO do the life style changes -- do the
>exercise thing, do the diet change thing, it doesn't change else, and you
>STILL get diabetes.  That's the boat I've in for the last few years.
>And one of the nastiest boats, because everyone assumes that you DIDN'T do
>the lifestyle changes.  In fact, there is not much worse.  Accept maybe
>hearing that the latest study telling the parents they did something wrong
>that caused their kid to get diabetes young.

And if anyone assumes anything about me, they will have to realize
that THEY are both the "u" and the "me" that they have made an "ass"
of.  Don't ever accept any of these 'labels' from those who really
don't know what they are talking about, particularly those lazy
"non-compliant" doctors!   :>p

a diabetic and that is the ONLY label I accept!     ;>)