Re: [IP] Gestational Diabetes, then Type 1 (Long)

>When I said "not all Type 1's are auto-immune, so I don't think that's
>definition of it," I was referring to the small sub-classification of Type
>1's known as Type 1B.  There are new labels and definitions of Diabetes
>these days and Type 1 is now being broken down into different subtypes:
>Type 1A (autoimmune)
>Type 1B (idiopathic - not autoimmune)
>LADA (Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adulthood)

Very good post, Shawna!   Even we old-timers can learn something new
from a 'newbie'!!!    ;>)

Didn't see anything in there about "level 2 diabetes"  Kathleen
Weaver wrote: "Cigna claims that they only do insulin pumps for Type
1 Diabetics who are Level 2."    I still think this is insurance
coding for a "difficult to deny claim" but wondered if you had ever
come across this?