[IP] Paradigm 512 vs Cozmo

George,
I'm not really following your statement, "Sort of like having a computer
compared to a calculator, and you can adjust the program internally, not in
your head!" Were you comparing the Paradigm when you said this? I have the
Paradigm 512 along with the Bolus Wizard and it's really amazing. I was on
shots for 17 years, so I do know how to calculate a lot of things in my
head, but what the Bolus Wizard does, is help you with what you already know
and make it more exact, thus having better control. The feature I like the
best is the active insulin number. It lets you know how much insulin from
your last bolus and basal included that is still active, so you don't have
near as many insulin reations. I still can override anything that it tells
me to do, but it has allowed me to have less anxiety about lows and planning
for peaks and that's worth a lot. I don't have the Cozmo but they sound like
they are very comparible.
Adele

> I would think it much more important to have calculations based upon
> my own experience, YMMV you know.   I would have no idea what the
> theoretical person is like in the Bolus Wizard and would be stuck
> having to do adjustment calculations in my head based upon what I am
> like.  IMO, the Cozmo is the far superior of the systems for on-board
> insulin calculation.  Sort of like having a computer compared to a
> calculator, and you can adjust the program internally, not in your
> head!
>
> Either way, you must still rely on what is in your head.     :>)
>
> George

YMMV.