[IP] RE: Gestational Diabetes, then Type1 (long)

Dear Shawna,
OK! Egg, on my face.

My apologies. Yes, you are correct about that! I should not have made the
assumption you were speaking of only Type 1 A.
Maybe, it was an over-reaction, on my part.

(It would have been helpful to include these classifications in your original
post.  I can be too literal, at times.)

>When I said "not all Type 1's are auto-immune, so I don't think
 that'stoday'sdefinition of it," I was referring to the small sub-classification
of Type1's
known as Type 1B.  There are new labels and definitions of Diabetesthese days
and Type 1 is now being broken down into different subtypes:
Type 1A (autoimmune)
Type 1B (idiopathic - not autoimmune)
LADA (Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adulthood)<