[IP] What's your basal supply as a % of your TDD?

My daughters basal to TDD is 20-30% depending on the day.  Of course
she's 2 yo and a carb fiend.  "Pasta, more pasta", "Odurt please"
(Yopait!), 1-2 banana's per day, "bread butter please" and her favorite
"Pancakes!!!" (very little to no syrup).

Our endo has been urging us to move up our basals.  If we do that,
she'll be crashing.  I don't guarantee that her basals are flat
(probably nowhere near), but we can leave her without food for long
periods of time (3-5 hrs or all night) and not have her BG fall off the
cliff (or soar).

My suggestion, do what works for you and don't worry about the ratios.

David Jensen
Father to Sigrid, Dx 9/02 @ 11 months, Pumping Cozmo 4/03.

On Saturday, October 18, 2003, at 08:01  PM, insulin-pumpers-digest