[IP] Re: Is the Paradigm update worth it?

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:37:29 -1000,  "Tad Somes" <email @ redacted>
 >><snip>  I would not recommend the
bolus wizard for a new pumper, IMHO.  I believe it is important to
understand what calculations are being made so you don't always have to
accept what the pump tells you.  The pump doesn't know everything--it's
calculations should be treated as "recommendations" only and tempered
with judgment that comes from knowing your own body.<<

Although I'm not a Paradigm user, and don't plan to be, I think Tad's
comment, above, is very wise. As long as a person is going to have
diabetes, he should know how to dose the medication(s) , and be
prepared to do it himself on a moment's notice. It may be nice to have
a box that does it for you, but you have to be ready to do it yourself.
If the box is doing it for you, I fear that you will lose the ability
to do it yourself, and I wouldn't want to find myself in that
situation, ever.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000