[IP] Re: Is the Paradigm update worth it?

I just upgraded to the 512 and am very pleased.  I find the unused
insulin calculations the most helpful since trying to figure that out
always made my brain explode, especially if I did a dual wave bolus.
The carb/insulin calculations are nice, but I would not have done the
upgrade for that alone.  Being able to adjust my basal rate as a
percentage is also a nice touch--makes that temp basal for exercise
easier.  I also use the post-bolus reminder all the time.  That really
helps me to fine-tune my control.  Overall, the upgrade reduces a lot of
the cranial slalom activities involved in dosing insulin.  Now, if they
would only make a carb counter feature...  I would not recommend the
bolus wizard for a new pumper, IMHO.  I believe it is important to
understand what calculations are being made so you don't always have to
accept what the pump tells you.  The pump doesn't know everything--it's
calculations should be treated as "recommendations" only and tempered
with judgment that comes from knowing your own body.  As always, YMMV.
Tad Somes