Re: Subject: [IP] RE: Stevia

At 8:50 PM -0400 10/18/03, Wayne wrote:
>Thanks Liz
>I though there were no carbs in Spenda. My Diabetic Educator highly
>recommeded it

There are "no calories" in Splenda, but there is also negligible
carbs.  Their website says "Though you might have heard anything
ending in "ose" means sugar and should be used in moderation,
sucralose, the sweetening ingredient in SPLENDA. Brand Sweetener, is
an OK "ose". It is not recognized by the body as sugar or as a
carbohydrate and has no calories. Sucralose has also been shown not
to cause a rise in hemoglobin A1c (a measure of your average blood
glucose level over time)."

So, YMMV, but their Nutritional statement also says that in 1
teaspoon of Splenda there is less than 1 gram of carbohydrate.

George      ;>)