Re: [IP] Gestational Diabetes, then Type 1

As I understand it, Type 1 is now considered to be an auto-immune where
they body kills off the insulin producing cells.  Thus person becomes
insulin dependent.
Type 2 can progress to being insulin dependent.  The beta-cells become
depleted from the unknown inherited factor which causes IR &/or kills
off the insulin producing cells, most or all. (Not Auto-immune process.)
Thus the person becomes insulin dependent.
IMO, this can occur in course of Type 2 disease, or Type 2 brought on by
some environmental triggers if one carries the Type 2 gene.  Linda