[IP] Re: gestational diabetes

>>I was 36 and mis-diagnosed with type 2. I was gestational diabetic with
both of my pregnancies. Were you? I have run across many women on this list and
other places on-line who were gestational, then developed type 1.
Just wondering.<<

Gestational diabetes is a precursor to Type 2, not Type 1 diabetes.
It has to do with insulin resistance like Type 2.  Type 1 is an
auto-immune disease and has nothing to do with insulin resistance or
gestational diabetes.