Re: [IP] RE: Cigna upheld the denial

 --- On Fri 10/17, Kathleen Weaver < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Kathleen Weaver [mailto: email @ redacted]To:
email @ redacted: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:34:59 -0500Subject: Re: [IP] RE:
Cigna upheld the denialThere are a lot of problems involved. First, our school
district ischanging insurance companies.Second I'm on a different plan that most
of you -- I'm on an HMO.Also I was diagnosed at 43. Cigna wanted us to pussy
foot around withmedications for a year or so before they would pay for the pump
-- thus,taking themselves off the hook.I don't feel too badly, though, as
they've paid 100% for two carpel tunnelsurgeries this year, and have covered
sleep apnea for a while.I knew this would probably happen.I could have waited
until the insurance changed in January, but I wasfeeling too bad already.
 Kathleen, it doesn't matter that you are in an HMO, you got it THRU your PCP!!!
#2 So what if you are changing plans at the first of the year, you are out of
pocket NOW, make Cigna pay what THEY owe YOU! #3, So what if they paid for 2
surgeries, isn't that what insurance is there for? KEEP FIGHTING!!! Be a squeaky
wheel. Squeaky wheels either get what they need or get paid!
 I havve a question? What state do you live in cause if it's CA, my husband said
if they see that you have CC'd the State Insurance Commissioner on this, they
will pay so fast it will make your head spin! Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com