[IP] IP] Re: Anyone have Medicare as a 2nd insurer?

Roger -

 I also reside in the Republic of Taxachusetts. My son was on the state-funded
MassHealth program 5 (count 'em FIVE) days prior to his diagnosis (Ped. ICU to
the tune of $5,800). Since I was on unemployment at the time, he qualified. I've
since gone back to work (2nd shift so that I can be at home with him during the
day - oh the sacrifices we make for our kids) & he is now covered by BC/BS.
MassHealth, in their infinate wisdom, has decided that I make too much to
qualify for payment of co-pays BUT we (as a family) qualify for "Family
Assistance" which will assist in the premium payment of the BC/BS.

 Quess what? The co-pays amount to less then the amount of assistance for the
premium on a monthly basis. Sheeesh. Who's computing this? A monkey? My son's
co-pay is probably $45 monthly (with prescriptions, endo visits quarterly, ped
visits annually, etc. factored in). They'll be sending me a monthly check for

 Oh, & they decided I no longer qualify for MassHealth - ummm, I never used it -
I can afford a copay for my very infrequent visits to the Dr.

 I am constantly astounded at the incompetence of our government to evaluate the

Try qualifying for MassHealth - it's there, use it.

Sorry for the rant.

Shelley (who just wants my kid to get the best care within reason)

Mom to Joshua, 3, dx'd. @ 20 mos.-Pumping Cozmo 6/3/03 & Jessie 21
western Massachusetts

LifeScan, Inc. http://www.lifescan.com