[IP] Re: Artificial sweeteners affect on blood sugar

Actually, this is true.  Powdered sweetners usually use something like corn
starch to give in the same volume as sugar.  This, however, contains carbs.
It does not contain the same number of carbs as sugar itself...but it does
contain carbs.

However, foods that are cooked with aspartame, etc., don't need to add
this...so things like Diet soda don't contain extra carbs...but that packet
of Equal may.  (Sucralose, for example, is 600 times sweeter than sugar...so
they have to add something to make up for the volume

One packet of Equal contains less than one gram of carbs.  :-)