[IP] Re: Artificial sweeteners affect on blood sugar

 Where did this assertion come from? I've been using 4-5 packets a day of
powdered Nutrasweet (Equal) and Sweet n Low for years, and have never, ever seen
any increase in blood sugar as a result. That is contrary to everything I've
ever heard from any diabetes professional. If I couldn't sweeten my coffee with
these substances I'd be in big trouble! Pam

<But when sold in powdered form, under such brand names as
Sweet'n Low, Equal, The Sweet One, Sunette, Sugar Twin, Splenda, and
these products usually contain a sugar to increase bulk, and will
raise blood sugar. They are all orders of magnitude sweeter tasting
sugar. >