Re: [IP] T1 and growth stunting

T1 is an endocrine disorder and many endocrine
disorders, including diabetes, can affect growth. I
don't think anyone ever said that it happens in all
diabetics or that it will happen, just that it CAN
potentially affect growth. It probably doesn't for most
people. But, that is why our endo has said he and his
partner check the children's growth and puberty status
at each appt...because they want to catch any problems
before they get too far advanced. Overall, I don't
think they have too many with growth/puberty problems
because of the D but the potential is there. Hope this
clarifies things.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-13 (dx 11/96, pumping
HTron 11/99, pumping Cozmo 8/03) and her 7 siblings :)

Weird Jenn said:

>Re: [IP] T1 and growth stunting

(some snipped for brevity)

If "uncontrolled" diabetes leads to short stature and
developmental delays,

then from the appearances of my bg's, I would be a
prime candidate to

support this theory. Obviously, I'm not.

I don't honestly think there's anything to this besides
luck of the genetic