[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #586

>Adele, my one and only experience with Stevia was that it was extremely
>sickly sweet *TO ME*. I don't know if I would consider anything with any
>carb as
>a completely *free* food cause if you use enough of it, you have to count
>but in moderation, yes, it is almost a free food. I do know that it is a
>natural product but it is not approved by the FDA. Here is a link for
>http://www.stevia.net/ I do know that if I could have gotten past the
taste, I
>might have used it myself. Liz

It definitely can not be used the same as sugar (cup for cup).  I copied
this off the above address.    Ginny

The stevia powder referred to in this chart is the pure form,
or the liquid made from the pure powder.
      Sugar amount Equivalent Stevia powdered extract Equivalent Stevia
liquid concentrate
      1 cup 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon
      1 tablespoon 1/4 teaspoon 6 to 9 drops
      1 teaspoon A pinch to 1/16 teaspoon 2 to 4 drops