Re: [IP] Doubling insulin on hormonal teens

Hi Barbara,
When I went through some growth spurts, and other stuff a few years ago when
I was diagnosed, I had to increase both. There is that special formula to
see how much insulin you need in one day, so that is how you calculate. My
basals went up more than my boluses, but I think that YMMV. You have to sort
off "play" with it to see what actually works for your son. I know that in
women, any type of hormonal surge (ie. menstruation) can make your basals go
up significantly, but you never know when the hormonal stages are 'done' for
the moment. Have you talk to your son's endo about this?