Re: [IP] Flu shot question

 > I developed shingles about three weeks ago and
> called my doctor's office to ask about getting a flu shot--ie., any
> problems with it if your system is low on immunity.  After much
> discussion they called me to say that I was between a rock and a hard
> place--either wait until all of the symptoms--rash and pain--have
> disappeared or wait until Dec. 1. Of course now that I've thought about
> it, I'm confused.  I think  I need a second opinion from IP.  Any
> thoughts?

I'm sorry to hear about your shingles.  That hurts!  I myself am delaying my
flu shot this year because I just had surgery last week (blepharoplasty) and
had enough stress just maintaining my blood sugars without the additional
stress of the flu shot my doctor offered at my presurgical screening.   I
usually feel lousy for a few days after the flu shot so I didn't want to
confuse the picture and wonder if the surgery made me feel sick or the shot.
Right now all is fine and I might get the shot when I see my endo next week.
Best wishes with your decision
Denise Guerin
Type 1 49 years
Animas IR1000