Re: [IP] Re: Fiber and Carb Counting

 I think the reasoning behinds such a rule (ignoring the first 5 grams of fiber,
etc.) is not due to any technical reason, but instead, practical reason.

 Most food with carbs has 1-2 grams of fiber. Typically, such small amounts are
ignored by most people...so a 24 carb food is treated as 24 carbs, not 22
(presuming it has 2 grams of fiber). Anyhow, meal boluses have been "calibrated"
to account for this level of fiber...so technically, your bolus is calculated
ASSUMING there is fiber. However, once the level of fiber rises above a certain
threshhold...now it needs to be removed for the purpose of calculating and
preventing going low.

 So, ignoring the first 5 grams is just a way to make sure your bolus
calculations are accurate from a practical standpoint.

 If, however, you calibrated your boluses ALWAYS subtracting fiber (even in 1 or
2 grams amounts), then you should ALWAYS subtract ALL of the fiber.