RE: [IP] Doubling insulin on hormonal teens

Hi Pumpmom Barb,

>>Then I got to wondering today if that also meant doubling the bolus
amount for carbs and doubling the correction boluses? Or is it just the
basils that are doubling?<<

In Erica's case, we saw her basals increasing steadily from an avg of
.4/hr at the age of 10 to avg of 1.4hr at age 15.  Her bolus ratios also
changed over that time from 1:18, 1:15, and now 1:10 which she loves
because it is easy to figure out. She has had to reduce her basals twice
in the past month to prevent reoccurring lows.  We don't know if this is
a temporary situation or if she is on her way back down to lower basals.
Time will tell.

Pump On Zachary!

Mom to Erica, A Canadian Butterfly www.canadianbutterfly.ca

www.insulin-pumpers.ca <http://www.insulin-pumpers.ca/>