RE: [IP] Stevia

 --- On Fri 10/17, Adele Morgan < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Adele Morgan [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:20:28 -0800Subject: [IP] Stevia
 Does anyone know anything about the sweetener called Stevia? It is a
plantextract and comes in both powder and liquid drops. I have written
thecompany and they say that it is safe for Diabetics and is a free foodbecause
it only has 1 carb per serving. Just wondering if any else uses itand if you
find that it affects your BG.Thanks!Adele
 Adele, my one and only experience with Stevia was that it was extremely super,
sickly sweet *TO ME*. I don't know if I would consider anything with any carb as
a completely *free* food cause if you use enough of it, you have to count it,
but in moderation, yes, it is almost a free food. I do know tthat it is a
natural product but it is not approved by the FDA. Here is a link for Stevia:
http://www.stevia.net/ I do know that if I could have gotten past the taste, I
might have used it myself. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com