[IP] Growth and T1

Re: growth affected by diabetes...it is my
understanding that diabetes can indeed affect growth
(as well as possibly cause delayed puberty) but I think
this is mostly seen in children with poor control
(there are exceptions to everything though). But there
is also something called Mauriac syndrome that occurs
in some people with diabetes, that causes short
stature. The possibility of stunted or delayed
growth/puberty is why the drs check their
growth/puberty status at each checkup...at least that
is what our endo has told us why *he* does it.

Point your browsers here for more (just found this):

Hope this helps!

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-13 (dx 11/96, pumping
HTron 11/99, pumping Cozmo 8/03) and her 7 siblings :)