[IP] Flu shot question

It's that season again.  I developed shingles about three weeks ago and
called my doctor's office to ask about getting a flu shot--ie., any
problems with it if your system is low on immunity.  After much
discussion they called me to say that I was between a rock and a hard
place--either wait until all of the symptoms--rash and pain--have
disappeared or wait until Dec. 1. Of course now that I've thought about
it, I'm confused.  I think  I need a second opinion from IP.  Any
thoughts?

Barbara