Re: [IP] My diabetic cat needs help!!

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:03:42 -0400 Shawna wrote:
<snip>  There is a new insulin out on the market (actually an old
insulin that some of the veterans on the list may remember) called
Zinc that is being manufactured and marketed specifically for cats.  We
aren't using it in our clinic yet, but a rep from the company (don't
remember which one) came by with some info about it and it's supposed to
work better.  You may want to do a search on the internet. <snip>

I remember using Protamine Zinc (PZI) back in the 1940's. At that time
it was made by Eli Lilly. It had a very long activity period, around 36
hours, and it wasn't a flat curve.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000