Re: [IP] My diabetic cat needs help!!

 I am with the person who said that we know more about diabetes than most
doctors, including vets and that you could probably do better figuring out the
dosage yourself. Sounds to me that he needs higher doses.

 I used to have a diabetic Silky terrier (a very small dog). I usually gave her
5 units of NPH twice a day; had to use urine test strips because it's difficult
to prick a pet to get blood. I found that the easiest way was to follow her
around and when she "went," I would stick the test strip into the stream. One
important thing about diabetic pets is that you need to be very consistent about
their days and very careful about their food; also they need exercise.

If you would like to ask me any questions, feel free to email me privately.

 > Can anybody help me with figuring dosing for my diabetic cat? The vet has run
four days of 2 hour test curves, and has put him on 1/2 unit of humalin nph
twice a day, when he eats. I tried to explain that it peaks in 6 to 8 hours, and
that the rest of the time he is high. The 2 hour testing curve