Re: [IP] Re: Anyone have Medicare as a 2nd insurer?

In a message dated 10/15/2003 3:31:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Medicare is first and all other plans are secondary. >>>
> There are three ways to get Medicare:
> 1) 65 years old
> 2) Disability
> 3) ESRD (End Stage Renal Disease aka Kidney failure/dialysis)
> Those are in the Medicare directory. For #'s 2&3 Medicare is the secondary
> insurer. My COBRA is primary with Medicare secondary picking up what COBRA
> doesn't pay. My problem is my primary's DME is soooooooooo lousy and I doubt
> Medicare will pick up anything on a new pump. If I can make Bluda Sue behave
> and last until next May, I'll be 65 and won't have to worry about a huge
> co-pay, or at least not AS huge.
> Jan (64 y/o, dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) &Bluda Sue (MM507C 3/99)
> Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue  AND
> http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (and EVOLUTION OF
> INSULIN PUMPS with World's Youngest Pumper)

Liz /  Jan
 I will investigate weather I should use BC/BS or Medicare 1 St. I tried to
get a pump in late 98 and BC/BS turned me down. It was your ac1 was too low or
I needed a c-pep test. I am really not sure if either is first or second. I do
know I get a ton of refusals of coverage's from Blue Cross of Taxachussets. I
don't worry about it   as my Cobra will run out in DEC. I will then get the
Medex Gold for $420 per mouth I believe. I will be going to Phoenix tomorrow,
 so I will look into Medicare replacing my pump in May of 04 after I get back. I
am sure it will be a war, because I was told I got the first pump on Medicare
one week after the law went into effect That means I will most likely be the
first to try to replace it.
                 Roger C