[IP] My diabetic cat needs help!!

Can anybody help me with figuring dosing for my diabetic cat?  The vet has
 run four days of 2 hour test curves, and has put him on 1/2 unit of humalin nph
twice a day,  when he eats.  I tried to explain that it peaks in 6 to 8
 hours, and that the rest of the time he is high. The 2 hour testing curve shows
this.  She still insists that I should treat him with Humalin 1/2 unit twice a
day.  does anybody have any experience with this?  Thanks.