Re: [IP] Re: Anyone have Medicare as a 2nd insurer?

 --- On Wed 10/15, < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted: Wed, 15 Oct
2003 13:41:03 EDTSubject: Re: [IP] Re: Anyone have Medicare as a 2nd insurer? I
got the first pump on Medicare. The law went into effect 4/30/00.Istarted my
h-tron 5/7/00I was told that I got the first pump onMedicare. I haveBC/BS as a
secondary insurance. I am out of Polaroid on LTD and nowon a Cobra.My Cobra ends
this DEC, so I will get the Medex Gold to cover myscripts. I amnot sure in other
States, but in the republic of taxachussetsMedicare isfirst and all other plans
are secondary.
 Roger, I looked and looked and looked on the Medicare web site at the pdf that
governs how it is handled and I can't find how the states have anything to do
with it. Medicare is a Federal program not a state one. If you look at this pdf,
you will see a chart as to how it is handled in each particular situation as to
who is primary and who is secondary.
http://www.medicare.gov/Publications/Pubs/pdf/msp.pdf Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com