RE: [IP] BD LOGIC: 36 E-3S - It's the Strips

 You would think that with all the problems that BD is having with the
BD
 Logic BG monitors that the guys in the engineering department would
get
 busy. I've heard this E-3 problem over and over again. I myself had
20
 E-3's in a week. I didn't have the patience to wait a month. They
have
 already sent me a new machine but acted like this was a isolated
case.
 Remember we are the Guinea pigs for the link and I'm hoping that they
will
 keep improving things. Although, my new machine has only given me
about 3
 E-3's in 3 weeks. I know that it is really touchy compared to the One
Touch
 Ultra. Make sure that you are letting the strip suck up the blood
sample and
 not putting your finger too close the the strip, as soon as the
monitor
 beeps take the sample away from the test strip. Hope that makes
sense. Maybe
they will get it down to a better science soon.

 > Today I called BD to tell them of the 36 E-3s I have had in the
month of
 > October. The rep had me test both machines with the test solution.
I got
an
 > E-3 on one of them. That made 37 for the 14 days this month. They
are
 > sending me a new meter tomorrow. I did test later with the "good"
machine
and
> did

 I have had so many problems with E-3's that I had an engineer take
apart everything and determined what the problem is. It is in the
strips and specifically with the second sensor on the test strips in
many cases. He took apart several strips from different vials and
found consistent manufacturing errors. I'm not using my BD Logic until
things get straightened out.

Denise