RE: [IP] Re: driving with low blood sugar

 Jan, all those variables apply whether you're on the pump or MDI. I
thought
 Becky's concern was more concerning the unknown of pumping. In my
opinion,
 and I'm sure many other members here, there is less likely a chance
of
 pulling lows when on the pump than MDIs because you can get the basal
rate
 better with the pump. By the way, time must pass quickly for you as
I've
been on the pump for over three months now....one low and it was a
 miscalculation on my part because I was at a restaurant without the
Palm so
 I guessed incorrectly, just enough to pull a slight low three hours
later.

 My one concern when I started on the pump, was pulling a low during
the
 night. Since we started with a lower dose than we thought necessary,
 worried about nothing. It is the unknown that usually causes concern,
and
I'm sure Becky will do fine as I thought that was her major concern.
She already knows about all those variables I believe.

Margo

Margo,

 Methinks you speak too soon - it's been a matter of only weeks that
you've
 been pumping. Don't forget the hormonal changes, the unexpected
stresses
 that can cause highs/lows, the sudden burst of activity (due to a
phone
 call, doorbell, or mail) and you forget all about what is at hand and
take
 care of the urgent, and all the other ETC. that life hands anyone.
YMMV is
still the MO.

 Jan (64 y/o, dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C
3/99)

 I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are
eating too
 much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That's
my idea
of a perfect day!

=