Re: [IP] Re: 8 year old with diabetes not letting it cramp her style

 Do these stories tend to be paternalistic? Repetitive? Even annoying?
Perhaps, but as a grant writer, these stories are actually useful to
me. As I ask corporations, foundations, and the government for money
to fight diabetes, I need ammo and -- sorry to say it -- stories about
kids, whether they are coping or are having a hard time coping, work
the best. Stories about adults are less appealing (some people even
think we are responsible for our condition!); kids tug at the

 It's like the JDRF posters. On the face of it, many of us don't like
them, but they are used for a reason--they work. So please be tolerant
and understanding, even if the world is not, and be happy for the kids
who are coping and strive to help the kids who are having a hard time
(I used to be one of those). And please, story posters, continue to
post--I need your help!