[IP] driving with low blood sugar

Our daughter, soon to be 25 was 7 years old when the two of us were in
Chicago.  She had won a trip via Nintendo magazine and we were having
dinner in the Sears Roebuck tower.  Well, my BG dropped and I started
yelling and then saying things which I don't remember to this day.
Needless, to say my little girl who was and is very brave started asking
"Mommy, please stop".  Need I say more?  The first time was when I was
pregnant with her brother and she was only four years old.  My husband
was out of town and my BG dropped during the night and she ended up
answering the phone and telling her Dad to come home that Mom needed
help.  I will never, never forgive myself for letting my BG drop and
putting her through this.  I still have to monitor my BG's tightly, and
wish to this day that this had never happened to her.  One more
incident, I was driving in Massachusetts coming home from work after we
had a few inches of snow, I looked in my rear view mirror and say a
flashing red light!  UGH!  I pulled over and a police office came up to
my window and said "Did you know that you were swerving"?  I responded
that I did not and he then asked if I was okay.  I said that I was a
diabetic and he suggested that maybe my sugar was down and to eat
something.  Which I promptly did and then he maneuvered my van out of
the snow drift and sent me on my way with a "please be careful".
Someone was watching over me and still does to this day.  Interesting,
he said that he had diabetes.  When I think back on his remark, I find
it curious as I thought 20+ years ago that they didn't hire diabetics on
the police force, perhaps he was diagnosed when he was already a police

Bottom line, as others have stated, "Do not drive under 100, period",
protect your children from having to go through my daughter did.  Not to
mention protecting yourself and others as well.  I won't even go to bed
now lower than 100, just in case.  My CDE has now informed me that she
doesn't want me going to bed under 150!   Okay, I am finished.  Can you
tell how much this still affects me, even after all these years?

Hopefully, going on the pump should help me tremendously.

Good luck and stay safe,

Becky Fischer  Cozmo ordered and waiting to pump!