RE: [IP] questions about surgery

and they told him to fast from midnight the
night before until after surgery, which is at 11am.

I used to set my alarm clock and get up 8 hrs before surgery and eat
something like cereal and milk to make sure my b.g.'s weren't too low...

Most times, they will keep him on iv w/dextrose in it anyway because they
don't want the hassles of dealing with a low blood sugar while under

I've had most surgeries fully awake and they still did the same thing.

Kathy Bruckmeyer