Re: [IP] Re: 8 year old with diabetes not letting it cramp her style

At 9:55 PM -0400 10/14/03, email @ redacted wrote:
>The reason I like these articles, is that there are still doctors out there
>who refuse to put children on insulin pumps and tell their families that the
>  child is simply too young for a pump. These articles show the
>PUBLIC that kids
>can use pumps.  While we all KNOW this to be true, many ped endos out there
>need an education (which often has to come through parents!).

There sure are a lot of Non-Compliant Endos still out there, aren't
there Ellen?   And the pity is that most of those are Ped Endos.
The only reason not to prescribe a pump to a child is because the
Endo is not capable of handling it.  If so, find a Compliant Endo!

Thanks for all you do, Ellen!!!!!