[IP] Diabetes and fat in the abdominal area

I heard something interesting today about a study being done to see if
liposuction to remove fat in the abdominal area helps with type 2 diabetes.
I've read some relation between the two before so I found this really
interesting.  The study is being done at Washington University in St. Louis,
Mo.  All I could find on the internet about it was an article from 9/7/00 when
they were looking for candidates.  I don't know if the study is going on right
now, if it has already been done or what.  Does anyone know about this or have
information pertaining to this subject?  I would be very interested in hearing
the outcome.

Kathy G.