Re: [IP] coke

I don't know if that was just a typo or what but just
in case it wasn't...the ketone strips won't work for
this (well, not unless it is the kind with a 2nd pad
that checks for glucose on it.) The straight ketone
strips won't work at all for this. It has to be
glucose. I carry some urine glucose strips around with
me but we rarely need to use them. I can smell a drink
(have a very sensitive nose) and tell if it is regular
or diet. The regular smells sweet, and the diet smells
sort of...metallic. If you drop a drop of soda on the
pad it will turn dark brown if there is sugar in it.
I've even used expired ones for this and they still
work fine.

We've only had a problem with the switcheroo at
restaurants, never from bottles/cans.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-13 (dx 11/96, pumping
HTron 11/99, pumping Cozmo 8/03) and her 7 siblings :)

Debra said:
I'm not really that surprised that people often give
regular drinks
instead of diet.  I still cringe with fear sometimes
when I take the
first sip.  I have been drinking diet so long I don't
know if I would
recognize the difference.  Using the keytone strips and
or meter was
very insiteful advice.  Thanks.  I just wanted to ask
if anyone has
ever had the problem of the old switcheroo when
drinking directly from
the coke can or bottle?