[IP] Re: Anyone have Medicare as a 2nd insurer?

>>> When I ordered my pump a few months ago from Minimed, they told me that
Medicare did not do coordination of benefits and therefore I would not be
responsible for whatever balance was left after my first insurer and they
made me sign a  paper saying I would pay the difference before the pump went
out to me. I told them that if after both ins. Medicare told me I owed
something, I would pay.  >>>

Yes, I have Medicare as 2ndary insurer. I'm in the process of procuring a
new pump and I was also told Medicare does not coordinate with commercial.
But, my commercial (COBRA) pays 75% *UP TO* $500.00 on DME *after* $750.00
deductible, which includes strips, inf. sets, resv, and is hardly a drop in
the bucket. I don't know yet how this will play out, but I have understood
Medicare only rents pumps. I guess I can live with that and can accept a
rented 508. I love the clicks and slow delivery anyway. I hope our
illustrious leader Michael with all his knowledge of insurance woes will
jump in here with a solution.

If you can't sleep, try lying on the end of the bed. Then you might drop off
~ Mark Twain