RE: [IP] Anyone have Medicare as a 2nd insurer? Very long but important$$$$$

 --- On Tue 10/14, < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted: Tue, 14 Oct
2003 15:11:07 EDTSubject: [IP] Anyone have Medicare as a 2nd insurer? Very long
but important$$$$$Medicare is my second insurance. I have a MM 508 currently and
have been pumping for over four years. Even though my first ins. covers
almosteverything,being that Medicare is involved as my second ins. and that
Minimed is a Medicare provider, I must always follow Medicare procedures when I
deal with Minimed for supplies, pumps etc. This is very annoying because as some
of youknow,Medicare has you in circles with forms and rules. I could drop my
first ins which is expensive and pays well to Minimed and then Medicare would be
primary and have to shoulder more of the cost than they have to do now as a
secondary and I am sure that Minimed would get less from Medicare in the long
 Kathie, There is a publication about this at the medicare web site. It's a pdf
file: http://www.medicare.gov/Publications/Pubs/pdf/msp.pdf You may not be able
to drop your primary. I know I would not be able to. Liz

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com