Re: [IP] Junior High Dance . . .

In a message dated 10/13/2003 6:12:40 PM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> 3. It is perfectly easy to bolus for the 28 -35 grams of carbohydrates in a
> regular soda.

While not a teen, but definitely on the pump, it would seem easy to go ahead
and bolus for the regular soda. Unfortunately, this is definitely a YMMV
 issue, as for me, regular soda would fall under the catagory of INSTant or
sugar, same a pancake syrup and juice. Those items, mean an instant high for
me, and if I want them, I need to bolus at least 30 min, (45 is better) before
having them. Yes, the pump really helps with eating what I want, when I want,
but when it comes to those liquid sugars, the effort is not really worth it. I
go with diet soda, and can enjoy it without constant worry that I forgot to
 bolus the 35 carbs (7u for me), and then be concerned that I didn't drink it
quickly to prevent the low that would occur.
As for the aspartame....well, I look at it this way, I don't smoke, rarely
(2-3x a year) drink any alcohol, including wine, I have never been a fan of
 coffee, juice doesn't like me (sugar), milk doesn't like me (allergies), so I
left with water, tea and my diet soda. We all have our vice's and I will just
have to take my chances with it.
Call the teacher, if there were vegetarians at the dance, I am sure there
would be considerations to order plain and veggie pizza, they can provide some
diet soda also, the teacher does not have to drink it.
Tina H.