[IP] Re: 8 year old with diabetes not letting it cramp her style

Interesting story.  I'm always glad to see diabetes get news coverage and
to see awareness raised.  However....

Is anyone else tired of headlines like "8 year old with diabetes not
letting it cramp her style"?  Like that's such an amazing concept, or like
the author thinks most kids with diabetes would just be laying in their
beds all day, too sick to do anything.  Maybe I'm just being oversensitive,
but it's always grated on my nerves a bit when "human interest" stories
about people with diabetes are presented like that -- as if it's such an
inspiration that someone with diabetes would actually also be able to have
a happy, active life.

Anyway, other than that it's a good article....just had to grumble a bit!