Re: [IP] Junior High Dance . . .

How interesting!!!  I taught junior high for awhile and got to be friends
with the science teacher.  One of her units was to study regular cola soda.
A nail placed in cola will dissolve,  if poured over battery terminals will
clean the terminals, when transported as cola syrup it must display HazMat

I believe that this cancer thing comes from one of the old sweeteners
(aspartame ?)which was found to cause rat cancer.  (Luckily, I had my rat
removed and it is not an issue with me! It is now back on the market when it
was discovered that it wasn't the health risk to humans that people had
thought it was.

There are a lot of issues here.

1.  The teacher is wrong about her assertion that diet soda causes cancer.
Otherwise it wouldn't be on the market.

2. A health alternative is to drink water.  Lord knows, my doctors
constantly preach that to me.  (I drink decaffeinated, diet sodas)

3. It is perfectly easy to bolus for the 28 -35 grams of carbohydrates in a
regular soda.

4. Fitting in during Jr. High is important and this importance is at its
peak during these years.

I would give my daughter this information. If she does hate regular soda
then water is a perfectly good substitute.

PS.  Can she bolus ok for pizza.  That is one of the  trickier foods to do!

Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in
finishing an activity but in doing it.

Author Greg Anderson