[IP] Bolus wizard over accounts for still active insulin

That is my understanding as well. The graphs show the
tail going to about 8hrs for Novolog (don't remember
about Humalog but it was somewhere out there too - but
by then the amount is so miniscule as to not matter),
which is why MiniMed uses that as their preprogrammed
duration time. But, for most users, it seems those
insulins don't have an effect beyond about 3hrs. This
is why I like the Cozmo where you can set that duration
for your own personal experience with it, whether it is
2hrs or 8hrs or whatever. The insulin doesn't work the
same in every person.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-13 (dx 11/96, pumping
HTron 11/99, pumping Cozmo 8/03) and her 7 siblings :)

Bill said:

My wife and I were at a meeting last week with our MM
rep and it was
co-sponsored by the Novo rep here. This came up and
they showed us a slide
of the action time of all the insulins including
regular, and they were much
longer than what we had read in other places. Novolog
and Humulin both have
about 20-25% left at 5 hours. She said that the MM
wizard uses a formula
based on these curves, rather than a straight
percentage. The lady from Novo
had information showing the same thing. Said it
wouldn't be a big deal if
you were only taking a 3 or 4 unit bolus, but could be
huge if you were
taking a larger amount. She said they explained it all
to them in their
training for the 512.