[IP] Re: Bolus Wizard: overaccounts for 'still active' insulin?

It has to do with the calculation they use for duration
of insulin (how long it works). MiniMed has their pump
set for 8hrs (doesn't matter what insulin you use or
how the insulin works for you personally, it is set to
8hrs). As we all know, it lasts differing times for
different people, and certain insulins last longer than
others. But...it is set to 8hrs no matter what (perhaps
if there is a big enough uproar from users they will
change it). So when that is factored in to the calcs,
you might get suggestions for lower amounts than what
you actually need. By contrast, the Cozmo allows you to
set that duration to how long it works for you

Disclaimer: this is NOT intended to be a MiniMed bash,
it is just the facts.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-13 (dx 11/96, pumping
HTron 11/99, pumping Cozmo 8/03) and her 7 siblings :)

someone said:

> I understand it's only an estimate, but in the case
of taking into
> account "still active" insulin, it seems this thing
WAY lowballs the
> estimate.  Maybe that's just a way of minimed
covering their asses by